The most common questions we get from our clients
Powder Brow is a soft natural tattoo technique mimicking the look of soft makeup. Designed to be natural and soft.
This is a technique done by machine. It is 2 techniques in 1 session. This is great if you are looking for a a light fill look with some natural hair strokes in the front of the brow. Most clients would have the hair strokes in the front and the rest filled. It creates the light to dark brow effect.
Depending on your skin type and care, the pigment will fade slowly over 3 months – 3 years. Eyeliner and Lip Color tend to last 2-3 years. Avoid facial procedures such as chemical peels, laser, miconeedling, and derma planing directly over your eyebrows and wear sunscreen when outdoors. NOTE: lip color is meant to be a soft enhanced color, NOT to replace lipstick. It is absolutely normal to have some areas fade more than others. Your skin regeneration is not a process that a technician can control as everyone’s physiology condition is different (i.e. depending on age, immune system, lifestyle, skin undertone, skin types, sebum oil production, hormones, etc.) Therefore annual or once every 2 years color boost/touch up is recommended to maintain. Oily skin and red-head clients will lose/blur pigments faster than normal skin. Clients who are on thyroids or certain prescribed medications may also lose pigments faster and be more vulnerable to infection if not careful versus someone who is not on any medications.
The service can be a little uncomfortable for those who are more sensitive. However, there is an anesthetic applied before and during to keep this to a minimum to where it is completely tolerable. Many clients actually fall asleep.
- Under 18 year-old.
- Diabetes Pregnant and lactating women (while nursing)
- Currently taking blood-thinning medications (e.g. Aspirin or related) You must have a written permission from your physician if you are taking Coumadin or Heparin.
- Currently on Cortisone, Steroids, Acutaine, Retin-A, Renova.
- Have skin diseases such as: Psoriasis, eczema, undiagnosed rashes and blisters.
- Allergic to makeup and colors, or easily trigger post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
- Individuals who attempt to cover or camouflage Telangestasia or birthmarks.
- Herpes simplex is also a contraindication.
- High blood pressure and heart conditions. Blood disorder such as hemophilia, sickle cell anemia and platelet disorder.
- Keloids or hypertrophic scarring.
Severe acne on or around the treated area.
- Chemotherapy: please wait at least 6 months post-chemotherapy
- For Eyeliner procedure: cannot perform if you have stye, red eye, or any eye diseases.
- For lips procedure: cannot perform if you have active coldsore. If you are prone to either you MUST take prescription anti-viral medication prior to appointment.
- You’ve recently had Botox or Dysport treatment (must wait 4 weeks)
- Old PMU • You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
- If you have a sunburn.
- After waxing (must wait 3 days)
- After chemical peels (must wait two weeks)
Must refrain from lash growth serums one week prior to appointment due to sensitivities.
Lash Lift straightens your natural lashes at the root, creating the appearance of longer and thicker lashes. In addition, the added lash tint creates a mascara effect. Your lashes will be perfect from the moment you wake up. The process involves using the silicon shields (pads) which, feels more comfortable. Lash Lift enhances, adds length and volume, and lifts to the natural lashes. No extensions, adhesives or mascaras is required.
The procedure takes about 45 - 60 minutes and the result lasts up to 8 weeks until the next time you come for a lash lift again. It does NOT damage the natural lashes. The process does not involve products touching your lid skin nor extensive heat.
Who needs Lash Lift:
- If you have been allergic to eyelash extension adhesives.
- If you cannot keep up with the eyelash extension maintenance.
- If you have naturally long and full lashes.
- If you cannot keep up with daily makeup rituals.
- If you simply just want a soft enhancement on your eyes without having to wear mascara.
- If you want a fuller result when wearing mascara.
How to care for your Lash Lift:
- Do get your lashes wet during the first 24 hours after the application. No Steam or Sauna.
- You may wear mascara and eye makeup after 24 hours
Microneedling creates micro-channels into the skin, pores are temporarily opened allowing the enhancement serum to be fully penetrated. Micro-point punctures in the skin are created. This is a controlled injury to the skin and is perceived by the body as damage. This stimulates the release of growth factors that trigger the production of Collagen and Elastin. Skin reacts to this CIT treatment by initiating the healing process which encourages your patients’ skin to continue to regenerate.
- Scarring- surgical, thermal, and acne (scars must be at least 6 months old)
- Stretch marks
- Enlarged pores
- Dyspigmentation (due to sun damage and/ or hormonal imbalances e.g. Melasma)
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Loose skin
- Dehydrated skin
CIT Pen treatments must be avoided in the following cases: Keloid or raised scarring.
Pregnancy due to the lack of clinical studies.
Herpes Simplex infections.
Any facial injections within the past 10 days.
Patients on any blood thinners.
Collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities.
Active bacterial or fungal infection.
Scars less than 6 months old.
Raised moles, warts or raised lesions.
Nodular or Pustular Rosacea
Eczema, Psoriasis, Scleroderma and other chronic conditions.
Treatment cannot be performed if the following is present: Any open cuts, wounds, abrasions, and active acne or cold sores.
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
- Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
- Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
- No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
- No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
- Shower and fix your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
- If you plan on getting fillers on your lips, please do so 2 months prior to the procedure.
- 3 Weeks prior: Stop using lash serums, lash lift and lash perm. Your lash line might be sensitive.
- 1 Week prior: Take Arnica Montana to prep your body from swelling.
- Do not wear contact lens before the appointment and 48 hours after. The area is still tender. Bring sunglasses. Your eyes could be light sensitive, and puffy or dilated immediately after.
A typical service includes this:
Before the appointment begins, I will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment. Then I apply pre-numbing for 15 minutes. Then I draw on the eyebrow shape according to the golden ratio measuring of the bone structure of your face. Brows are measured perfectly to complement your unique face shape and size. Next, I choose the perfect color. Pigment is lightly tattooed into the skin to define the brow.
NO makeup or skin care products are to be applied on brows and/or PMU until after healing phase, 7-10 days. Make sure to avoid ALL of the following:
- Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
- Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
- Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
- Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
- Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
- Apply Ointment given, or Aquafor, A&D constantly
- Apply cold compress wrap in a clean towel for swelling and redness right after the procedure and throughout the day the next day.
- Rinse your eyes out with eye wash, visine, or clean water in the morning and evening for first 48 hours to rinse out any accumulated pigment that may be left.
- Sleeping with a pillow slightly elevated will help.
- Avoid mascara completely for 1 week after your eyeliner application. Then use a NEW tube only on the tips of lashes. NO WATERFROOF mascara until completely healed.
- You must not disturb the crust over your eyeliner with makeup removers.Never apply peroxide or steroid creams around your eyes.
- You can wear makeup around, but not on top of your permanent eyeiiner until it is healed. Usually at least a week.
- Remember your skin is in a delicate condition after tattooing. How you treat it is as important as how I do the procedure.
- Do not rub or scrub the area. Gently wash your face, shampooing is fine.
- Do not let any fragranced lotions, or creams with exfoliants or alpha hydroxy acids near your eyes while healing.
- If you have questions about skin care products just keep them away from eye area for a few days to be on the safe side.
- Permanent eyeliner is not meant to take the place of dramatic evening makeup. You may need to add to your eyeliner, once healed, to achieve a dark dramatic effect. This is normal.
The touch up is recommended 8 weeks after initial treatment. During your touch up, I will add color to achieve a darker color as needed.
Your new eyebrows and/or eyeliner/lips will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed color can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still setting on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin).
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the color is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. After 3-5 weeks skin cells push it back to the upper layers and the pigment is more visible again. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows and/or eyeliner and/or lip color. NOTE: lip color is meant to be a soft enhanced color, NOT to replace lipstick.
Touch ups are recommended every year or longer, depending on skin type and retention, to keep the color fresh and bright.
All of my products are High End, Vegan and cruelty free. Every needle is disposable and sterilized in its own package and thrown out after each use. I DO NOT use the same needle more than once.
We're Here to Pamper You
Each service is customized for every client based on your needs. Consultations are free for any questions.